H&R Model 120

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:00 pm
One of my neighbors used to own the gun shop in our small town, but now runs it out of his barn. (Gosh, I love rural America!)
I try not to visit too often 'cause it always costs me money. :mrgreen:
He usually has an assortment of old shotguns and rifles, and I sure do enjoy old obsolete shotguns and 22 rifles.
So, I stop in today and a bolt action shotgun catches my eye - a Ranger 105, which is actually an H&R 120, a 16 gauge made in 1941 - 1942. In 1942 H&R stopped civilian production and started making weapons for the military.
It holds 5 rounds in a tube magazine under the barrel and is in the shape you would expect having seen 70 hunting seasons. Price was $99, and I gave him $10 to hold it 'till payday.
We did take it out back and fired two rounds to test function.

I'm excited! I love old shotguns (cheap ones, that is). I'll leave the tactical pump shotguns with all the add on doo-dads for the younger fellows.
Pictures to follow when I figure out how to do it.
"There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill
Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, AMVETS, Society of the 5th Infantry Division
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:22 pm
I use Photobucket to store my images online AL...

It's free, you can fix 'em up with borders and text...then download them to this site.

Check It: http://www.photobucket.com
.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:51 pm
Well, it took three months of $10 here and $15 there (I'm a po' boy) but I finally picked the old gal up.
This makes my third bolt action shotgun. I already had a Mossberg .410, and a Mossberg 20.
"There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
Winston Churchill
Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, AMVETS, Society of the 5th Infantry Division

Return to Discontinued Harrington & Richardson Models