EARTHQUAKE...now Hurricane !!

Have something you want to post that is non-H&R 1871 related? This is the place to post your work safe related material.

Moderator: ripjack13

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:10 pm
Just lived through an Earthquake...5.8...happened in Virginia...really shook my house in Pennsylvania !!

Got to go check for damage... :(
Last edited by SHOOTER13 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:36 pm
Well, no major damage...

First thing I did was get my Glock...my Bug-out bag...my dog...and go outside !! I was on my laptop welcoming a new member on the Browning board when I felt the house swaying...my bullet collection took a tumble off the shelf...so I knew it was go time... 8-)

First time I ever felt a quake, the wife and I were in the Mojave Desert...near Mouse's Tank...on a Harley Fatboy...it was very errie !!

===========================================================

Mouse's Tank: Named for a renegade Indian who used the area as a hideout in the 1890's. Mouse's Tank is a natural basin in the rock where water collects after rainfalls, sometimes remaining for months. A half-mile round trip trail leads to Mouse's Tank from the trail head parking area, passing numerous examples of prehistoric Indian petroglyphs.

===========================================================
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:06 pm
I didn't even notice it happen here in upstate NY!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:19 pm
Well, Hurricane Irene past over the SE portion of Pennsylvania Saturday night into Sunday morning with high winds and local streams and river spilling over their banks.

The family and I had everything button up tight and we weathered the storm OK...spent Sunday morning and afternoon clearing some down tree branches and putting the patio furniture and grill back out...looks like a nice week of weather ahead !! ;)

Return to Work Safe