00 Buck Ammo choices...

Anything and everything related to ammunition can be posted here.

Moderator: nitesite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:11 pm
What particular brands are you guys using in your shotguns...!?

Right now I have 250 rounds of 2 3/4" Nobel Sport Law Enforcement 12 pellet with a muzzle velocity of 1,290 fps...

...and 250 rounds of 2 3/4" Sellier & Bellot 9 pellet with a muzzle velocity of 1,180 fps.

Both are well suited for personal defense as well as hunting small size game from my double (side by side) and pump action 12 gauge shotguns.

What brand 00 Buck do you use...and why ?!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:24 am
Shooter13~

How is the recoil and patterning of that Nobel-Sport 12-pellet 00-buckshot? It looks like there is buffer material when I peek thru the hull in your photo.

Is it like a 1-1/2 ounce load being that it is 12 pellets?

I go thru a bunch of training/practice buckshot that is Estate brand 9-pellet 00, and some Winnie Super-X 9-pellet in the silver box, and also some Federal Classic "Hi-Shock" buck. Come to think of it, I need to be looking for some other brands on store shelves like Academy Sports etcetera. Some of that imported stuff sorta intrigues me because even though I reload all my hunting and trap shells I don't do buckshot reloads.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:32 am
Those short buck shells that are only like 2-inches have always made me wish that they would work in an unmodified pump gun. Supposedly you can stuff a lot of them into a tubular magazine.

Anybody know anything about them? I think they are Aguila out of Mexico but I'm not sure.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:01 pm
That is correct nitesite...Aguila makes them shorties.

Never tried 'em myself...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:32 pm
nitesite wrote:Shooter13~

How is the recoil and patterning of that Nobel-Sport 12-pellet 00-buckshot?

It looks like there is buffer material when I peek thru the hull in your photo.

Is it like a 1-1/2 ounce load being that it is 12 pellets?

Recoil is very manageable out of my M590A1...patterning is good out to 75 feet (indoor range) on a NRA Shotgun Pattern Target (30" diameter circle)

No buffering used...the 12 pellets rest on a plastic wad (not a shotcup).

Not sure if it's a 1-1/2 ounce load...no markings on box to indicate that...but if a 2-3/4 9 pellet load weighs 1-1/8, you're probably close to it.

Velocity is marked on the box: 1290 fps

Return to Ammunition